Click Here for Final Conference Agenda
Full Conference Attendance Earns 10 CEUs for CGBPs
John Galligan, Senior Director, Global Government Affairs, Microsoft
John Galligan is head of the Global Government Affairs team at Microsoft, which supports the company’s international team of corporate affairs professionals to promote Microsoft’s public policy agenda including cloud computing, privacy, security, search and fostering a vibrant online ecosystem. Prior to this role, John was Regional Director for Government Relations in Asia Pacific. He was previously Director of Corporate Affairs & Citizenship for Microsoft Australia where he had responsibility for government and industry engagement, community affairs and the Company’s corporate citizenship strategy. Before joining Microsoft in 2006, John was Director of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs at BAT Australasia, and has occupied senior advisory positions in Australian federal politics.
Martin Coles, President and CEO, HaloSource
Martin Coles joined HaloSource as a member of the board in July 2011 and was appointed president and chief executive officer in October 2011. Prior to joining HaloSource, Coles held the positions of chief operating officer and later president of Starbucks Coffee International. His career also includes 35 years in senior positions at Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo, Nike and Reebok. He also served as a non-executive director at Levi Strauss. He currently serves on the not-for-profit International Education Advisory Boards of the University of Washington Business School at Bothell, previously serving as chairman of the UW Foster Business School Advisory Board and Seattle University, where he is a fellow of the Albers Business School.
Eileen Sanchez, Director of Economic Development, Los Angeles Mayor’s Office
Eileen Sánchez oversees the Small and Minority Business team as well as a broad range of citywide entrepreneurship resources, programs and initiatives. Prior to joining the Los Angeles Mayor’s Office, Ms. Sánchez was U.S. SBA Associate Administrator for International Trade in Washington, D.C., overseeing the execution, implementation and development of the State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) and of the SBA trade finance programs. Ms. Sánchez served on various White House National Security Councils and U.S. Department of State policy committees, and collaborated with strategic partners in both government and private sectors in the United States and worldwide. She reported directly to the Administrator, a member of the President’s Cabinet, and served on the SBA Management Board.
Conference Session Topics
Training and Education:
Models and Programs
- Assessing Cultural Intelligence Improvement with Study Abroad Experiences
- Experiences of Students Working for Michigan Export Growth Program
- Global Entrepreneurship Internship – The Early Training of Future IBD Counselors and CGBPs
- How to Engage High Schools in Global Trade Awareness
- Innovation in Collaboration: The International Business Education Alliance (IBEA) Fuels Your Success in the Classroom and Beyond
- Three Models for Designing a Faculty-led Study Abroad
- A Customs Broker License – How to Prepare Your Students for the Exam
- Not Just Big Data – Global Data!
- The Need and Ways to Increase Exports by NTEs
- Creation and Management of Export Consortia to Boost Export Sales of SMEs
- The Virginia International Trade Alliance (VITAL) – A Model for Leveraging SME Export Opportunities through Government Supported Agencies and Public Universities
- How to leverage Sister City relationships for International Trade
Expert Advice for Exporters:
New Market Opportunities
- NAFTA + 3 Free Trade Agreements
- Business Growth Sectors and Trade Opportunities in Latin America: A Panel Discussion
- Value-Adding Opportunities of Logistics Hubs in Central America and the Caribbean
- Trading with Africa: Why and How?
- Big Data Analytics as a Useful Tool to Develop Pharmaceutical Niches in Africa
- Trade Opportunites & Regulations in Sub-Saharan Africa
Securing Export Sales
- Market-driven Export Pricing Strategies
- Developing International Financial Projections
- Managing the Cost of Foreign Exchange Risk: Options and Forward Contract Pricing
- Effective Use of Incoterms 2010 in the Sales Contract
- Building an infrastructure for Credit Decisions in a Global Market Place
Market Entry Decisions and Strategies
- The Practical Side of International E-Commerce
- Market Selection Methodology Using Trade Flow Data and Country Macro-Indicators
- Foreign Market Selection: Best Practices from the Florida SBDC Network Export Marketing Plan Program
- Foreign Distributors – The Other Side of the Story
- Franchising in the Emerging Global Economy
- How to Prepare for an Import/Export Audit
- US Economic and Trade Sanctions: An Introduction
Resources for Exporters
- The SBA: Smart, Bold, and Accessible for US Exporters
- Small Business Network of the Americas – Partnership Program
- The World Trade Organization Trade Facilitation Agreement: Benefits for Small Businesses
Special Sessions for NASBITE CGBP Exam Candidates:
- CGBP Exam Overview – What’s New & Improved?
- NASBITE CGBP Recertification Program Update
Conference Sponsorships & Tabletop Exhibits
NASBITE International has introduced its new Partnership Program, offering enhanced engagement and exposure for sponsors. Reach and network with thousands of Certified Global Business Professionals (CGBPs), trade educators, trade support specialists and global exporters through a year-round partnership with NASBITE.
NASBITE’s Partnership Program offers four levels of engagement with numerous benefits; also available is a stand-alone Annual Conference Exhibitor sponsorship, providing great visibility and interaction with NASBITE Annual Conference attendees and guests.
Click Here for details and to secure your Partnership today!
The deadline to receive the NASBITE group discounted rate has passed. However, the hotel does still have availability and you may still be able to receive the special $149.00 rate. Please call The Historic Davenport Hotel directly at +1 (509) 455-8888 and reference the NASBITE International Conference. Please contact Diane Schafer via email at email@example.com if you have any difficulties in making a reservation.
Please note: There are several Davenport Hotels in Spokane; be sure you are reserving at The Historic Davenport Hotel at 10 South Post Street to confirm the special group room rate.
The Historic Davenport Hotel
10 South Post Street, Spokane, WA 99201
Phone: +1 (509) 455-8888 or Toll Free: +1 (800) 899-1482
Spokane Visitor Information
Set in scenically beautiful eastern Washington, where sunshine and fresh air are abundant, Spokane is a hip and vibrant urban center for a three state, two province region. Downtown, you’ll discover destination dining, tasting rooms and nightclubs, along with fantastic retail offerings. Add high-end catalogue stores and boutiques, galleries and entertainment options and abundant outdoor adventures to the mix and you’ve got an unforgettable experience in the making!
Spokane has been named America’s (2nd) Best Riverfront City (USA Today), one of six small U.S. towns for food lovers (Wall Street Journal), and one of America’s best outdoor cities (Outdoor Magazine).
Plan your trip to Spokane – for all the fun things to do and see, Visit Spokane!
Here are some good things to know, for a great visit to Spokane:
Pre-conference Event (Wednesday, March 29th)
World Trade Day & National Small Business Exporter Summit
Spokane Convention Center
The National Small Business Exporter’s Summit is a celebration of World Trade Day and an unprecedented gathering of many of the top small business exporters in the United States. A premiere national event for small-medium sized exporting companies that are already focused on export growth, the nation’s best exporters will share best practices and lessons learned. This master-class format is an unparalleled opportunity to acquire powerful new tools and techniques to support export success. More details can be found here.
Who Should Attend?
Sessions are mainly geared towards executives and export managers who are already exporting. A wide range of topics will be of interest to Presidents/CEOs, Export Sales Managers, Export Logistics Managers, and Senior Consultants/Trainers who focus on small-to-medium sized exporters.
Consider registering for this event when you register for the NASBITE Annual Conference, it is all on one registration form!