After I register on the website to take the CGBP exam, what happens next?
2-3 weeks after the registration deadline for your testing window you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org containing your login credentials to schedule your exam. After scheduling your exam, you will need to complete additional information to verify your exam profile (security questions, confirm your time zone, upload a photo). This step should be completed well in advance of your scheduled exam. Once you have scheduled your exam and verified your profile, return on the day and time you selected to take your exam. If you need to make any changes to your account regarding your testing window, please contact us at 443-640-1064.
When is the exam available?
The CGBP exam is offered four times a year during specified dates. Test takers are able to take their exam with a Examity Online Proctor, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the designated testing window. Please click here to view exam windows and registration deadlines.
Where is the exam offered?
The CGBP exam is offered online and may be taken 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the scheduled exam windows. Technical requirements can be found at the bottom of this page.
Can I transfer my exam registration to another testing window?
If you need to change exam windows after the registration deadline for your testing window, you may move to a future testing window within the same calendar year. Candidates who move to a new testing window after the registration deadline will incur a $100 transfer fee. Contact NASBITE Headquarters to transfer your exam.
You can view the registration deadline for your current testing window here.
Can I reschedule my exam to another day in the same test window?
Exams should be rescheduled at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled exam time/day to reschedule during the same test window by calling logging into your exam account and selecting the “Reschedule” option. You will then be able to select another day/time.
What is the cost if I do not cancel my exam in time, or do not make it to my scheduled exam?
Candidates that either do not cancel their confirmed test appointment at least 24 hours in advance, or miss their exam appointment will forfeit all exam fees and will have to pay a $100 fee to retest.
What is the cost to retake the exam if I do not pass?
NASBITE offers a discount on exam retakes. If you do not pass the exam on your first attempt you can retest by paying a $150.00 fee. Note that candidates that do not pass on their second attempt must wait at least one year before retesting.
P.O. Payment Policy
P.O.s are acceptable to generate a candidate registration file, however, all candidate registrations/payments must be received the registration deadline for the testing window which is selected—regardless of P.O. status.
Example: If the exam registration deadline is June 1, this means all candidates registered for the exam must be paid in full by June 1. If NASBITE International has not yet received payment, candidates will not be permitted to test in the upcoming window.
What happens after the exam?
Score reports will be sent to test takers 2-4 weeks after the last day of the exam window in which the exam was taken.
Applicants who successfully pass the exam will receive a personalized high resolution PDF certificate that will be able to print from any desktop computer via Adobe Acrobat Reader. Should you wish to purchase a paper certificate with a gold seal, it is available for purchase for $30 in our online store (international shipping charges where applicable).
Describe your monitoring/proctoring process
- All test takers and proctors are recorded (both audio and video), from start to finish, no exception.
- Test takers will be required to show a government issued photo ID to the proctor via webcam (driver’s license or passport) with name as it appears on ATT letter.
- Online exam monitoring ensures the test taker’s desktop is “locked” from all applications, web pages, systems, peripheral devices, and any other systems or processes that are not allowed. The monitoring system and processes can allow for any changes based on test-by-test needs.
- All systems, processes, software, programs and screen activity will be monitored and recorded during the exam. If the test taker opens an application the proctor immediately closes the application of the test taker and provides a warning.
- Test takers are monitored both visual and audio via webcams. The connection is established through a simple “click to connect” applet, similar to online video conferencing.
- If a proctor suspects cheating or violation of testing policies during the exam, the test taker is provided a warning when a proctor detects any aberrant behavior. The proctor is also required to contact their supervisor in any case where they have provided a warning based on suspected cheating or violation of testing policies. The supervisor may join the session to watch the test taker as well. If the test taker behavior continues the supervisor may terminate the exam and proctored session.
What are the hardware and software requirements for the exam?
A webcam, access to the internet, and audio capabilities. That’s it. Any 640 x 480 web camera is sufficient. We suggest a minimum bandwidth of 3Mbps. We require that you have your audio on and available during your exam, which can be accomplished through a standard headset, utilization of your existing microphone and speakers or a built-in microphone in your webcam.
Although you can take the exam with a WiFi connection, it is recommended that you take the exam with a hard-wired internet connection.
Sitting for the exam will involve connecting to a site outside of most network security settings. If you plan to take the exam at work, you will need to contact your IT Department and have them open ports 80, 443, and 1935. Contact the Proctor Team technical support at email@example.com or by calling (952) 953-6292.
- A well-working computer with 1 GB of RAM or higher
- A wired high-speed internet connection (3 Mbps). A wireless international connection can be used, but is no recommended
- Any webcam with 640×480 video pixel resolution (a laptop camera is acceptable)
- Working speakers connected to the computer
- A microphone connected to the computer (consider a webcam with a built-in microphone)
- Flash player version 7 or higher
- Browser compatibility: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Do you have questions that we haven’t answered? Contact us here
Learn more about Preparing for the CGBP Exam
REGISTER for the CGBP Exam