OVERVIEW: The International Trade Specialist is charged with helping grow Oklahoma's economy by advising Oklahoma small businesses on global trade matters. The successful candidate will work closely with the state's SBDC network as well as the Oklahoma CITD Director with a focus on growing Oklahoma's exports.
• Provide Oklahoma small businesses with export advising and training through the Oklahoma Small Business Development Center Network.
• Engage in international trade advocacy and trade promotion across the state of Oklahoma.
• Conduct administrative and supervisory duties
• Play an integral role in the OSU Center for International Trade Development leadership team in developing the overall unit.
• Bachelor's Degree in International Business, Development, Relations, Studies, Trade or a closely related field.
• One year of private and/or public sector international trade experience.
• Experience in public speaking and delivering training.
• Must be a NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP). (Can be completed within 12 months after hire.)
• Excellent organizational, teamwork, and communication skills.
• Well-developed interviewing, client management, and collaboration skills.
• Ability to establish priorities and scope work efforts according to relative organizational importance, manage time effectively, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and maintain appropriate level of confidentiality.
• Proficient in and adaptable to a range of technology platforms and tools needed to perform successfully.
• Master's Degree in International Trade, Business, Business Management or another closely related discipline.
• Experience studying, living, or working abroad.
• 5+ years' work experience in trade facilitation as it relates to global management, operations, finance, and marketing.
• Small business ownership, business management experience, and/or consulting or client advisory experience.
• Experience working with a Small Business Development Center (SBDC) International Trade Center or other similar export assistance entity.
• Experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
• Experience in public speaking and delivering training to professors, professionals, students, and small business owners and employees.
• International trade related professional credentials such as Licensed Customs Broker, Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) or Certified Export Specialist (CES), Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) are a plus.
• Written and spoken proficiency in English and at least one other language widely used in international trade such as Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, or German.
• Knowledge of the principles and requirements of starting and operating a successful small business.
• Experience in economic development, and/or working with state and federal agencies.
• Knowledge of the business counseling and consulting process
See full Job description