The NASBITE International Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) Governance Council consists of volunteer members who oversee the development, maintenance, and preservation of the integrity of the CGBP certification. The Governance Council is currently seeking the nomination for candidates interested in lending their time and talents to support oversight of the CGBP credential.
The deadline for submittal of CGBP Governance Council applications is December 7th.
Qualifications/Eligibility Requirements for Council Member Nominations:
- Attained the CGBP credential
- Demonstrated experience in international trade either as a practitioner, teaching or trade assistance
- May not be involved with training or teaching of candidates seeking to sit for the CGBP exam
- May not be involved with writing or developing training materials related to the CGBP exam
- Willingness to learn, assume leadership and participate fully
- Willingness to represent NASBITE International in the community
Time Commitment Required:
The CGBP Governance Council conducts all of its business via conference call and email communications. Members are expected to participate in 4-6 conference (1-2 hour) calls per year. Additional service of 2-6 hours/month may be required to keep abreast of Governance Council communications or assist for Governance Council activities, we currently have several initiatives underway that could require up to 12 hours per month over the next 6 months. We would welcome members who are available to roll up their sleeves and take active leadership of one or more of these projects. Please indicate your daytime and evening availability (how many hours typically per week) on the application. Terms of service are 3 years in length. This term is to begin January 1, 2019.
To consider your application, please fill out the application form and send a current resume to CGBPgovcouncil@nasbite.org.
Expressions of interest or questions may be directed to Devorah Kaufman, Acting Chair of the NASBITE International Governance Council at CGBPgovcouncil@nasbite.org.