Who We Are: NASBITE International, a Membership Organization
NASBITE International is a not-for-profit Membership organization and leading organization supporting training and education in the field of global business. NASBITE Members represent all sectors of the global business profession, including:
- Trade educators from four-year and two-year colleges and universities, high schools and leading international trade training organizations
- Trade specialists at federal, state and local levels, including from USDOC/ITA, USDA/FAS, SBA/SBDCs, State and Regional Trade Development Agencies, community-based Trade Assistance Centers, World Trade Centers, and Chambers of Commerce
- Trade-service providers of logistics, finance, legal, market research, and other support services
- Companies engaged in international trade, including manufacturers, exporters, importers, distributors, and export management companies
- Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) credential holders
Where else will you find this mix of international trade perspectives and expertise in a single organization? If your work or interests fall in any of these areas, NASBITE is the organization for you.
NASBITE Board of Governors, Distinguished Fellows
The NASBITE International Board of Governors (BOG) is a working board that requires active involvement by all members—including participation in activities such as strategic planning, conference planning, member development/marketing, and CGBP planning and development.
Interested in serving on the NASBITE Board of Governors?
Are you ready to embrace and advance the mission of NASBITE International by applying to serve on the Board of Governors? Board members play a leading role in setting the policy for the execution of policymaking, planning, financial, community outreach and relations, CGBP program, development of new programs and services, and organizational operations.
For more details on the roles and responsibilities of a member of the Board of Governors, Click here.
To apply for a position on the Board of Governors, download an Application & Profile Form and submit as instructed. Applications are due by September 15th for the following year’s election.
Secretary/TreasurerMike Seibert, CGBP
SBTDC at NC State University
Immediate Past PresidentStrategic Partnerships Development Task Force ChairTammy Marquez-Oldham*, CGBP/CGBP Certified Trainer
Portland Community College SBDC
Fellows ChairJeanette Benson, CGBP/CGBP Certified Trainer
Center for International Trade – Merced College
Stakeholder Relations Task Force Chair, CGBP LiaisonJames Foley*, CGBP
Bradley University International Trade Center
Summit & Conference Task Force ChairSarah Singer, CGBP/CGBP Certified Trainer
Michigan State University International Trade Center
Not Pictured: CGBP Governance Council Chair, Devorah Kaufman, CGBP, Euromonitor International, email@example.com
* Indicates board member also serves as a distinguished fellow
Presidency Year: 2011
Presidency Year: 2005
Presidency Year: 2006
Presidency Year: 2012
|Dr. Kelly E. Fish
Presidency Year: 2015
Presidency Year: 2001
Presidency Year: 2010
Presidency Year: 2009
Presidency Year: 2016
Presidency Year: 1996
|Kelly Jett Murphrey
Presidency Year: 2003
|Janis Parsley Short
Presidency Year: 1991
Presidency Year: 2007
Presidency Year: 2008
Presidency Year: 1999
Presidency Year: 2004
Presidency Year: 2013